Under the Science and Technology Experts Volunteer Pool Program (STEVPP), experts will extend free assistance (e.g., training, seminars, workshops, hands-on-demonstration) to NGOs, cooperatives and other interested parties in the countryside.
Several programs of the Department of Science and Technology are geared to encourage and develop interest among students, out-of-school youths, and young professionals in selected universities, colleges, and non-government organizations on technology-based entrepreneurship.
Under the combined programs called Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program, and DOST-Academe Technology-Based Enterprise Development (SETUP-DATBED) Program, the DOST through its National Capital Regional Office provides funds, facilities, and technologies to qualified schools and NGOs that offer tertiary science and technology courses, enterprise development programs, and youth projects.
The Manufacturing Productivity Extension (MPEX) Program is a program of DOST through the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI) that assists small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the manufacturing sector to improve their overall productivity.
- To provide consultancy to manufacturing firms in the export/potential for export sector to make their products more competitive both in price and quality in the world market;
- Identify strategies to improve productivity of small and medium manufacturing enterprises in the export sector;
- Recommend productivity improvement measures for immediate implementation;
- Develop capability to provide other forms of assistance to the manufacturing sector; and
- Provide venue for the entries of other DOST programs and projects particularly technology transfer activities.
The Consultancy for Agricultural Productivity Enhancement (CAPE) program aims to institutionalize effective farm management strategies to improve agricultural productivity. DOST thru TAPI provide consultancy teams to undertake productivity studies in any qualified small/medium scale agricultural enterprises.