The Manufacturing Productivity Extension (MPEX) Program is a program of DOST through the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI) that assists small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the manufacturing sector to improve their overall productivity.
- To provide consultancy to manufacturing firms in the export/potential for export sector to make their products more competitive both in price and quality in the world market;
- Identify strategies to improve productivity of small and medium manufacturing enterprises in the export sector;
- Recommend productivity improvement measures for immediate implementation;
- Develop capability to provide other forms of assistance to the manufacturing sector; and
- Provide venue for the entries of other DOST programs and projects particularly technology transfer activities.